Sunday, July 18, 2010

Actors Actors Everywhere....

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players; they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages. At first the infant, mewling and puking in the nurse's arms; then the whining school-boy, with his satchel and shining morning face, creeping like snail unwillingly to school. And then the lover, sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad, made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier, full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard, jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel, seeking the bubble reputation even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice, in fair round belly with good capon lin'd, with eyes severe and beard of formal cut, full of wise saws and modern instances; and so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon, with spectacles on nose and pouch on side; his youthful hose, well sav'd, a world too wide for his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,turning again toward childish treble, pipes and whistles in his sound. Last scene of all , that ends this strange eventful history, is second childishness and mere oblivion; sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything."

-William Shakespeare


These are words everybody would’ve heard or said atleast once in their life. What i want to propose is what is what Shakespeare said is to some extent literally true. What if the guy next to you has the sole purpose of being the guy who sits next to you? No other role, no other purpose. What if that man was just the guy who sits next to you while you travel?

Now you’d say that this was somewhat inspired from the movie Matrix. I’d just like to say that i’ve had this idea ever since my 7th grade where this rickshaw guy helped me out on spot of trouble and was gone before i could thank him. That’s when i got to thinking whether this world i lived in was all just a script. All planned out, waiting to unfold, waiting to surprise me, bring me glee or pain. 

Maybe it was my paranoia then back in 7th or maybe its because i think and read too deep into things, but this hypothesis i concluded to has a basis in facts or atleast things that for now cannot be explained.  Say there was a grand plan, maybe not revolving about me but a group of people, there would be beings aware of it, thus having the knowledge of the alleged “future”. And thus walks in Nostradamus. He’s just one. There have been many a number of people who’ve so rightly predicted the paths that lie ahead for mankind. And they did so in riddles, never a straightforward answer, not because the future is a blur but because the more ignorant we are the easier they can puppet us. For example if i know that a bus that i’d travel in would explode, i wouldn’t step on it, thus ruining their plan.  Now again im not saying that Nostradamus was a bitch not to tell us about hitler, im just implying that my or shakespeare’s idea of a stage might actually been true.  Maybe things happened for a reason. The crusades, the black death, the plagues, the wars, holocaust and even the current nuclear tensions, there must be a finale to all this. Im not godly guy, so im not saying that He is responsible for whatever that happens. Maybe the End does lie in 2012. Maybe December 12th 2012 is indeed the day we all have played our parts in the grand stage that has been mankind.

It makes my life a lot more simpler if i go by my philosophy. All i need to do is assure myself that something good is in store for me. They have planned it, They wouldn’t let me down. That in my opinion though is the cowardly way out.

Say nothing is wrong with the world, no one is meant to do anything for you, then you’re just a sitting duck with opportunities just passing you by. And even in my world of actors and lies, It’ll be foolish of me to wait for my chance at good things in life. Were i me, I’d fight my way, oppose the system wherever it flawed and wherever it denied me a pass to succeed.

More to come....... :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment